Tuesday 4 March 2008

She and Him

Just a quick post to say I am currently greatly enjoying the taster track from the forthcoming She and Him album.

She and Him are the ever brilliant M Ward (I still rate 'Transistor Radio' as his best album so far. Beautiful sounding album) and actress Zooey Deschanel who is best known, for me at least, for her role in the lovely 'All The Real Girls'. Turns out that Deschanel has a great singing voice too. She sings and M Ward plays guitar and arranges. They have an album out on March 18th on Merge.

There is a track to listen to on their Myspace (link below) and its very nice indeed. Ward's guitar playing style is very distinctive but hearing Deschanel's vocals (Nancy Sinatra/ The Ronettes) over the top is a very new experience and I can't get this song out of my head. Can't wait for the LP.

http://www.myspace.com/sheandhim

No comments: