Monday 8 December 2008

mutterings

- How am I supposed to get more of the T&G Albums of the Year list done, when all I can do (apart from work of course..) is listen to the incredibly good Tindersticks 'Live in Glasgow' and the unbelievably comprehensive Pavement 'Brighten The Corners' re-issue. I have to admit, I have not yet found time to listen to the vinyl live album, but the second cd is keeping me very occupied. Loving the session tracks and the early versions of 'The Hexx'.

- Heard some lousy news today. Pinnacle Records, one of the biggest UK indie music distributors has gone into administration. Pinnacle distribute(d) for a huge number of quality indie labels including Rough Trade, Fat Cat, Bella Union and Drag City. A lot of quality releases are going to be delayed. This is really sad, as well as worrying. Keep buying records folks, and buy them from independent shops.

I'll continue the top 20 of the year, tomorrow...

No comments: