Wednesday 12 August 2009

new Mark Eitzel record and other stuff

Morning.

You catch me midway through my week off, with a spare 5 minutes between swimming, watching cricket and listening to awful cds that I have to review for the other site I work for. I can't imagine I'm going to write about them on here, various reasons, but mainly it just doesn't feel right. Its nice to be sent free music to listen to though...this has only ever happed with 'the other site I write for', never Tracks and Gigs, hmm, hint, hmm, hint....

Anyway, I'm slightly panicked about the amount of records that are out on 31st August this year. God knows how I am a) going to afford to buy them all, b) going to find the time to review them all.

Nothing to review so far this week, but I am going to re-write a review of the God Help The Girl album later this week. I'm not afraid to say that I got that album badly wrong when I first reviewed it. In the 2 years I have been writing this blog, this album is the one that has most made me think "oops, why didn't I wait a while longer before reviewing that", so I am going to do it again. Sorry to all concerned.

Great news today in that the Mark Eitzel LP now has a tracklisting. It is out in September, tracklisting below, am still waiting (not so) patiently for tickets to his London show to go on sale..

1 Buried Treasure
2 Like a river that reaches the sea
3 The Blood On My Hands
4 I Miss You
5 There’s Someone Waiting
6 What Do You Got For Me
7 The White Of Gold
8 I Live In This Place
9 Why I’m Bullshit
10 Remember
11 Antennas
12 Ronald Koal Was A Rock Star

No comments: