Friday 18 January 2008

forgetting one's ipod

I forgot my ipod this morning.

The journey to work was odd to say the least. I've been listening to the AMC album on the train this week and today I was deprived.

I've owned a walkman type thing constantly for about the last 20 years now. I had all manner of cassette walkmans, then briefly a cd one (although I never got on with that), then a minidisc walkman (they were fantastic) and then since 2004 an ipod. I never forget to bring it with me.

This morning I had a lot to remember: my swimming gear (there wouldn't have been a lot of point getting to the swimming pool without it), my lunch, thinking of things to say at the meeting I have this afternoon, remembering to buy some sandwiches in tesco before I catch the shuttle bus etc etc etc..... but none of these things excuse forgetting my ipod and I am starting to worry that my priorities are getting mixed up.

There are solutions of course. I could listen to some music on MySpace, but that isn't the same. I could listen to the Pulp cd that I just found in my bag (no idea why it is there) but I hate listening to music through computer speakers and besides I have no headphones with me.

This is going to be a strange day. I don't like it.

No comments: