Thursday 28 February 2008

Kimya Dawson

Way too much has been going on for me to find the time to write in here, so I thought I would do a 'current listening' type post.

Am still playing the Mountain Goats album extremely frequently, its still sounding amazing. Going to be album of the year I reckon and its only February. I've also been listening to something else extremely exciting, but its not out for ages yet so I will say no more at this stage.

When I haven't been listening to those two records I've been mostly enjoying the Juno soundtrack and especially the Kimya Dawson songs. Don't know how the work of Ms Dawson has escaped my attention for so long. I loved the songs in the film and love them even more on record. Great lyrics. 'Loose Lips' is my favourite, lovely melody and its impossible not to sing along. Have been trying to get hold of the LP from which it comes but it seems to be out of print pending a re-release in a couple of weeks. Record companies aren't stupid I guess.

Anyway. I'll review the new Stephen Malkmus LP in a couple of days.

No comments: