Thursday 5 February 2009

Single of the Week.....Morrissey!

The best thing about Morrissey releasing a new album is it means that he will tour. The last couple of albums have been...good, but not 'Vauxhall and I' but the gigs to accompany them, especially the Palladium in 2006, have been superb and great fun.

By all accounts the new LP is pretty good so I'll be reviewing that in a couple of weeks. The new single 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' is what you'd expect. A bit of a stomper, solid verses leading up to a catchy, singalong chorus. Better than 'You Have Killed Me' and it'll be good live. Morrissey has fun in the video too, with a dog and a tambourine.

So, come on, what more could you ask? Out on cd/7"/digital with a variety of b sides too.

In other news, the Emmy the Great review has been slightly delayed due to the postal service being disrupted by the snow here. Expect a review on Sunday or Monday. I still haven't got my head round the J Tillman album enough to review it either.

Looking forward to seeing The Mozz at the Albert Hall in May!

No comments: