Saturday 16 January 2010

Tindersticks tour dates

Whoever booked the Tindersticks London show for their 2010 tour has made a serious error. I have seen the band around 20 times, mostly in London and at some wonderful venues...Royal Court, Union Chapel, Royal Festival Hall, Somerset House...and now what do we get? Shepherds Bush Empire.

Yep, the most inappropriate booking decision I have heard in a long time. ATP are promoting it so I am blaming them. They are playing the infinitely more special Queens Hall in Edinburgh though so I would suggest UK fans try to make that one. I am lucky enough to be seeing them at one of their European dates so will report back from that. UK dates are below anyway. In other news I am currently assessing the new Shearwater and Scout Niblett albums so will write about those next week.

Tindersticks UK dates:

Monday 22 March - Edinburgh, Queens Hall
http://www.seetickets.com / Venue Box Office: 0131 668 2019

Thursday 23 March - Manchester, Cathedral
http://www.seetickets.com

Friday 24 March - London, Shepherds Bush Empire
http://www.atpfestival.com/events/tinderstickslondon2010/tickets.php

1 comment:

Julie said...

Absolutely agree, not a good Tindersticks venue at all!

Hope you enjoy the Europe gig, they're set to play some nice venues. I saw them last year in Haarlem and I'm going to Utrecht in The Netherlands. Both venues are pretty similar to the Queen Elizabeth Hall. Unfortunately nothing will ever beat their 2008 'come back' gig in QEH 2008 I'm afraid.