Monday 26 November 2007

a non-music weekend / darjeeling limited

I have just had, very unusually for me, a weekend with very little music involved. Didn't go to a gig, didn't buy a record, didn't listen to much music. Weird. What did I do?

I went swimming, but thats not unusual, I go swimming every day. On Saturday I went to the football with my brother, Luton Town beat Southend. It was a great game. I mean, technically it wasn't, but we won and we probably deserved to and I just enjoyed it so much. The worse Luton Town are, the more I love them. When they were good recently, I lost interest slightly.

Yesterday, we went to see The Darjeeling Limited which is the. new. Wes. Anderson. film.
This is a huge event for me. At the risk of turning this blog into TracksandGigsandFilms, I am a big Wes Anderson fan and The Life Aquatic, which came out two years ago, is my favourite film ever. I enjoyed Darjeeling, but thats not enough for me and a Wes film, I expect to be affected by it, touched by it and I expect it to carry me through the two or three years til the next one. Was it that good? Truth is, I don't know yet. I need to go and see it again and I may do that this afternoon (I have a day off). The soundtrack was great though, as it always is for a Wes film.

Anyway, I am saying nothing of note here so I shall leave. I will return tomorrow with my more considered thoughts on The Darjeeling Limited. and other things.

Buffalo Tom in London on Saturday. 'Phew rock n roll' eh readers?

No comments: