Tuesday 14 July 2009

Single of the Week

My 'single of the week' this week is 'The Swimmer' by Alice Gun.

I'd never heard of Alice before this and I admit I was attracted by the song title (being a swimmer myself). Glad I checked it out though, cos its a lovely, tense, atmospheric piece with cello, accordion and a assured vocal. Piano-led b side 'Minty Fresh' is almost as good.

One to watch for certain. Turns out this is Alice's debut single. She's a classically trained multi-instrumentalist and signed to Ambiguous Records. 'The Swimmer' is out now on vinyl and digital, you can listen at www.alicegun.com and I suggest that you do.

1 comment:

Al Ambiguous said...

Hi there

Alice Gun here emailing from my label's email - thank you for your support! Plans in the pipeline to do a short film to go with The Swimmer so keep and eye out for that.

AG x
alice@alicegun.com